PayPal is perfect for pokie players, as it makes the process of depositing, playing and withdrawing much easier. It was made for internet gambling, or at least, it seems to be that way. However, PayPal snubbed this industry for many years, not allowing its services to be used on gambling sites. That is, until they watched Neteller do just that, taking millions of dollars of money that could have been theirs.
And so PayPal finally got onboard, and the gambling industry has helped to grow their platform exponentially ever since. These days PayPal is available on most gambling sites, from the biggest to the smallest, and in this article we’ll tell you how you can use PayPal to your advantage when playing online pokies.
Using PayPal to Gamble
There are many players who believe that using PayPal somehow stops you from collecting bonuses, but this is simply not the case. They are as available to PayPal users as they are to those who use credit cards, debit cards and other payment methods.
We can use Spin Palace as an example. This is one of the biggest online casinos in the world, and one of the most popular here in Australia. Spin Palace has actually been accepting PayPal since as long as PayPal allowed them to, and they have been active for many years before then. Spin Palace offer a new member bonus of $1,000, which is split into three deposit bonuses. You can use PayPal for all three of these, unlocking steady amounts all of the time. The best way to do it, however, is to load as much as you can into your first deposit, as little as you can into your second, and the rest into your third. This way, new members who typically wouldn’t come close to unlocking all of the $1,000 on offer, can double their money.
You can also get some free spins on Spin Palace by using your PayPal. These will be given to you when you make your first deposit, just make sure that you use the code on the deposit screen, or, even better, join via the link at the top of this page.
Getting the Most out of PayPal
PayPal can help you to bankroll, and is perfectly placed to do that. A bankroll is basically a budget, and one that you do not go beyond when you gamble. For a novice gambler and a casual gambler, this should be an amount that you can afford to lose, and its purpose should be to last for at least a month. You should look to spread this out over the course of your chosen timeline, and not to blow it all in the space of a session or a few days.
The problem with this, is that if the money is in your casino account, then you might be tempted to spend it. This is a weakness, but it’s one that all gamblers feel at one time or another. However, thanks to PayPal, your money is within reach and it’s all in one secure place, and the time it takes to deposit, and the process involved, is just long enough to allow you time to think and to get over your frustration.
Security is also a big feature, because PayPal is one of the most secure payment providers on the planet. In fact, it is just as secure as your credit cards and debit cards, but there are many more benefits to payPal that these options just don’t have, including:
- Speed: PayPal withdrawals are instant when the casino clears them, whereas you need to wait for a maximum of 5 days and a minimum of 3 with debit and credit cards.
- Convenience: With cards, you need to input your details on every site you use and expose these across the web. With PayPal, you put these details into one account and use that on as many sites as you want, without exposing them to any sites.
- Fees: There are occasional fees associated with the use of cards, from transaction fees to currency conversion and more, whereas PayPal doesn’t charge anything for such transactions.
There are a few other features that make PayPal ideal for playing online pokies, including:
- Credit: PayPal credit is available to verified and respected users and is one of the best ways to get credit. The fees are low, and there are no checks and no damage to your credit report. PayPal Credit offers a substantial amount of money and you can use this to comp your pokie playing, before paying it back with your winnings.
- Mobile: PayPal has more mobile features than any other web wallet and is perfectly positioned for use on mobile casinos and for instant payments. This means that with a PayPal account and a smartphone, you have all you need to play your favourite pokies securely and you never need to use a desktop.