There are not as many scam online casinos out there as there used to be or as many people seem to think there are. Still, it pays to be vigilant, because you are putting a lot of trust in the security of a casino’s banking options and the fairness of a casino’s games.
Most online pokies are not rigged, that’s the good news. But the bad news is that some might be. The trick is to make sure you play on a trusted casino, which is what we aim to help you with here. We will take a look at ways you can guarantee your safety when playing your favourite pokies online, as well as the best and the safest online casinos out there.
How to Spot a Safe Casino
There are a few things that you can do to verify that the casino you are dealing with, or are thinking of joining, is legitimate, and there are also things that you can do to verify that it is safe, fair and up to date with all codes of practice:
- Research: If you are not sure about the legitimacy of an online casino or any other gambling site for that matter, then you can use Google to your advantage. Simply do a search for the casino and then work your way through the results. Try to avoid articles that ask, “Is [casino name] a scam?” because they will inevitably be followed by a short, sharp “no” and then a positive review. These are biased affiliate sites, and they won’t give you the honest answer you seek. Instead, look for honest review sites, gambling forums and even social media pages. If you can’t find any info on the casino, be wary.
- Regulation: All online casinos need to be regulated by an official authority. This regulator will often be located overseas, probably on a small island. Some of the most popular regulators are based in Malta, Cyprus and Panama. The regulation information will be available on the casino’s homepage and should be hyperlinked to the regulator itself and to a certificate that proves it is a member.
- Audits: As with the regulation information, there should also be information on a site audit. This will have been performed by a third-party, one that acted independently of the casino. It typically runs checks on all of the casino’s games, confirming that they are fair and secure, and that their RTPs and house edges are as advertised. They may also include guarantees on the security of the casino’s banking options.
Where to Play
One of the casinos that ticks all of the boxes mentioned above is Spin Palace. This casino has been around for a number of years and has always played everything by the book. After all, you don’t stay in this business for more than 15 years without doing something right.
In fact, Spin Palace did so many things right that they attracted the attention of one of the biggest gambling brands in the world, BetWay, who bought out the casino a number of years ago. BetWay already had a casino of their own and they still do, with Spin Palace serving as an extension of that. Both BetWay and Spin Palace are very well respected in this industry. They are both regularly audited and they are both regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority.
Spin Palace also has all of the necessary, up to date security certificates and is licensed to offer an array of banking options, including a number of credit cards, debit cards, web wallets and a great deal more.
Benefits of Spin Palace
As well as all of the necessary security certificates and regulations, Spin Palace also offers a long list of bonuses and promotions, more than any other online casino in fact. This is mostly down to the fact that they treat loyal members just as kindly as they treat new members, and are always willing to dish out bonuses and to run promotions.
- Matched Deposit Bonus: This is what you get as soon as you signup to Spin Palace and make a deposit. You will need to make several deposits in order to unlock the full amount of $1,000, but even if you make just one deposit, you still stand to double your money. Spin Palace also has a very low play-through rate, so you should be accessing your winnings in no time at all.
- Free Spins: Along with your matched deposit bonus, you will also be given a number of free spins, often between 50 and 100. You don’t need to do much to get these, just make sure that you have opted in or that you have clicked-through from an affiliate link that explicitly mentions a set amount of free spins.
- Loyalty Scheme: The thing that attracts most players to Spin Palace is the Spin Palace Loyalty Club. This has several levels, each suited to players of different stakes, and the more you bet, the more you will earn. It’s as simple as that. All of the points you generate through the Spin Palace Loyalty Club can be used to exchange for cash, prizes or a long list of perks.