Providing you have a Visa card then you should be able to gamble in all Australian online gambling sites. That includes casinos, poker rooms and sports books. The beauty of credit cards and debit cards is that while they can come from obscure banks that few sites are likely to recognise, they are nearly always branded with big global names like Visa, which means that regardless of your bank, you will always have a card that gives you complete access to e-commerce around the world.
Visa cards are commonly used on gambling sites and that’s what we will focus on in this guide. We’ll discuss the hows and the whys; we will show you what the pros and the cons are to using visa cards to gamble; and we will also point you towards what we believe are the best credit card and debit card casinos in Australia.
Web Wallets vs Visa Cards
If you listen to the casinos and the web wallet providers, then PayPal, Skrill and Neteller is where it’s at. This is the future of online gambling as far as they are concerned. In fact, they are the future of all online payments.
However, no matter what they say you can’t escape the fact that credit cards and debit cards are still the most popular payment method in Australia. PayPal comes a close second, but even with the changing face of online commerce, these cards still lead the way. There are a few reasons for that, and these reasons will likely cause Visa cards to still dominate for many years to come:
- Reputation: Visa is the biggest financial institution on the world. When people are dealing with so much money and so many transfers, they want a company that they know they can trust, one that will have their back if anything goes wrong and one that they have always known and they have always respected.
- Trust: The older generations have a certain distrust about web wallets. Many of them will put their trust in PayPal, because it is a name they have come to know, but most will refuse to acknowledge the other web wallets. There are also those who still associate these methods with scams, as they were (and still are) used to facilitate many online scams, whereas there is no such connection to Visa cards.
- Accessibility: It is easy to get setup with a web wallet account, but it is even easier not to. And when you consider that these accounts often need you to use a card to process payments, gamblers find it easy just to skip the middleman and go direct.
Pros of Using Visa Credit Cards to Gamble in Australia
- Safety: These cards are very safe and they use the best tech to ensure that remains to be the case.
- Fraud Prevention: There are a lot of antifraud measures on Visa credit cards and if anything does happen, you will get your money back.
- Disconnect: The fact that these cards are not connected to your bank adds a little more peace of mind and ensures you’re not constantly tapping into your main bank.
- Credit: You can bet with money you don’t technically own.
Cons of Using Visa Credit Cards to Gamble in Australia
- Withdrawal: Not all casinos will let you withdraw back to a casino, and when they do it will always show as credit.
- Speed: It can take as long as 5 days to process a withdrawal with a Visa credit card.
- Fees: Not only will some online casinos charge you for using these cards, but your bank will charge you for each online gambling transaction you use as well.
Pros of Using Visa Debit Cards to Gamble in Australia
- Accessible: We all have these cards and all legitimate casinos accept them, which means you can always gamble with one.
- Quick: They give us direct access to your bank accounts and mean we don’t need to use other payment provides to get the money where we want it.
- Safe: Debit cards use encryption technology to ensure that they are safe and secure.
- Global: Visa debit cards are global. They can be used anywhere in over 150 countries around the world. You can also use them in any currency that you choose.
Cons of Using Visa Debit Cards to Gamble in Australia
- Fraud: Unlike credit cards, if there is fraud or theft on your debit card then you might have an issue getting the money back, even though it is rightfully yours.
- Concerns: While it’s convenient to have direct access to your bank, it’s also a worry as if anything goes wrong you could lose every penny you have.
- Speed: It can take as long as 5 days for withdrawals to be processed back to your bank account via your debit card. That’s one of the longest waits for any banking option.
Best Visa Card Casinos in Australia
The list of the “best Visa casinos in Australia” is essentially a list of the “best casinos in Australia”, as they all accept this payment method. In fact, any site that does not (we have yet to find any) should be avoided as they are likely there to scam you. That’s because these casinos want to take your money and run, and it’s hard for them to do that with Visa cards, so they often direct you down another path.
Luckily, such casinos are rare and there are many more top ones out there. But because the face of this industry is changing all of the time, and because many sites are letting down customers, finding their way onto casino backlists and more, we need to make regular updates. That’s why we have chosen to list the best Visa casinos on our main page, on our banner graphics and throughout the site.
This is essentially a podium on which the best casinos of the day get to stand. If they slip up, then another will take their place. As a player you just need to look at this podium to see what’s what.